Two toddlers drowned in a swimming pool when grandma with Alzheimer’s left the back door open.
According to reports, a tragic incident occurred when twin toddlers, a boy and a girl, drowned after they wandered out of their house through a door that was allegedly left open by their great-grandmother, who suffers from Alzheimer’s.
Jenny Callazzo, the mother of Locklyn and Loreli, who were both 2 years old, discovered her toddlers unconscious in the murky water of their family’s pool in their Oklahoma City home. Tragically, the twin siblings were later pronounced dead after being rushed to the hospital.
Callazzo is a stay-at-home mother of six children who runs a boutique. Her husband and her grandmother also live in the family home.
The family tragedy that struck Jenny Callazzo and her family in their Oklahoma City home, where her twin toddlers drowned in the family’s pool, has shocked the nation. Callazzo, a stay-at-home mom of six children, runs a boutique and lives with her husband and grandmother.
Aerial footage of the home showed a pool filled with dark green water, believed to be due to thick algae growth. Neighbors recall the heart-wrenching moment they saw the distressed mother at the back of an EMS vehicle while emergency workers tried to revive her children.
Days before the tragedy, the mom posted a photo of Locklyn and Loreli playing outside with a caption that reads, “just want to play outside.”
Currently, the police are investigating the tragic incident, but they exclude any foul play, according to the Daily Mail.
A GoFundMe page has been set up by the family members of the Callazzo’s to help with the expenses. The post reads, “These beautiful babies were taken from us too soon. Anything you can give to help with expenses would be greatly appreciated. We appreciate everyone’s love and support.”
Experts are warning parents about the dangers of having a pool in the house when there are young children. Laura Gamino, the injury prevention coordinator for trauma at OU Health, says that “children are attracted to water, and toddlers won’t have the skills to be able to help themselves get out of water… Drowning is very sudden, and it’s very silent.”
“Sometimes people have an idea that a child will have trouble in the water and be screaming, but they can’t because their mouth is full of water. So it’s very silent, and that’s one of the scariest things about it.”
Gamino advises parents to build at least 4-foot-high fences around their pools with door handles that are unreachable for children.
“These beautiful babies were taken from us too soon. Anything you can give to help with expenses would be greatly appreciated. We appreciate everyone’s love and support.”
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.
Love and Peace