A five-year-old kid is being hailed as a hero after he made sure his family of nine got out of the house after he woke up to flames close to his bed on Sunday morning.
“I picked Lily up, got to the window with Lily, got the dog and got out,” Noah Woods, 5, told WSBTV. “That’s it.”
However, he went above and beyond. To learn more, scroll down.
On Sunday morning, an electrical fire started in the room that Noah and his sister Lily, age 2, shared. He grabbed his sister and the family dog and fled to the window as soon as he realized there was danger.
Noah, Lily, and their dog allegedly broke out of the house through the window, according to a GoFundMe created to assist the family with bills. Noah returned to his uncle’s house after they had reached safety so that they could continue assisting everyone else in fleeing.
“Our hero!” the Bartow County Fire Department posted on Tuesday.
“5 year old Noah Woods recently woke up to find his bedroom on fire. The only available exit was a window. He got himself and his 2 year old sister out of the window to escape the fire and re entered the house to alert the rest of the family.
Fortunately, all nine family members managed to escape the house unharmed, save for a little burn on Noah’s wrist.
“Noah and 4 other family members were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation … On Friday BCFD Chief Dwayne Jamison will recognize him as an Honorary Bartow County Firefighter and present him with a Lifesaving Award.”
“If it wasn’t for Noah, I mean, we were all asleep, so we wouldn’t have known what was going on,” David Woods, Noah’s grandfather, said. “We could’ve all lost our lives.”
The family must now rebuild because their home was completely destroyed, but at least they will have everyone in the family by their side as they do it.
“If it wasn’t for Noah, we may not be here today,” David wrote.
You are a hero, Noah. Your family’s life was saved by you. I have no doubt that your neighborhood will support you as you rebuild.In order to recognize this smart 5-year-old and his excellent instinct.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.
Love and Peace